Issue #51 - Fall 2001
Group Portrait at Age 21: The Members of the WMS. by Bert Johnson
NIMA’s Role in the Dayton Peace Accords. By Representatives of the National Imagery and Mapping Agency. A meeting summary by Steven J. Vogel.
The Hebrew Holy Land Map of Avraham bar Ya’acov, Amsterdam, 1695. by Harold Brodsky.
The Map Auction Business Today: Cartography from the Fiat Lux Library. by Dale Sorenson and Eric W. Wolf
Afryqah (Africa): The E-Book and the History. by Pierre Sales
A regular feature in The Portolan, this is a bibliographic listing of articles and books appearing worldwide on antique maps and globes and the history of cartography. By Eric W. Wolf.
BOOK /CD-ROM REVIEWS
Maps of Africa to 1900. (Review by Richard L. Betz)
Maps of the California Trail. (Review by Charles A. Burroughs)
1. Washington Map Society Meetings, September 2001 – January 2002.
2. Exhibitions and Meetings.
3. 2002 Ristow Prize Competition.
4. At the Edge of the World: Mapping Scotland Exhibition
5. WMS Annual Business Meeting – May 17, 2001. by Steven J. Vogel
6. Heading West: Mapping the Territory. WMS Field Trip to NY City. By John W. Docktor
7. 19th Int’l Conference on the History of Cartography - Madrid July 2001. By Bert Johnson and John W. Docktor.
8. Map Site Seeing: key World Wide Web map sites.