Issue #37 - Winter 1997
The Isolario of Benedetto Bordone. by Robert A. Highbarger
Conservation of Old Maps in Private Collections. A summary by Steven J. Vogel of a presentation to the Society by Christine Smith.
Cartographic Evidence in a Wyoming Landform (and Cultural) Dispute. A summary by Charles A. Burroughs of a presentation to the Society by Linda Zellmer.
The Antique Map Trade: An Insider’s View. A summary by Steven J. Vogel of a presentation to the Society by Judith Blakely.
A regular feature in The Portolan, this is a bibliographic listing of articles and books appearing worldwide on antique maps and globes and the history of cartography. By Eric W. Wolf.
1. Meet the New Editor - Thomas F. Sander.
2. Washington Map Society Meetings, January - May 1997.
3. Exhibitions and Meetings, February - May 1997.
4. 1996 Ristow Prize winners announced.
5. Competition opened for 1997 Ristow Prize.
6. Summary of WMS Picnic of October 1996 with recipe for Mercator Chicken.