Issue #27 - Spring 1993
The Articulate Traveler: Johann Georg Kohl and American Historical Geography. By Michael P. Conzen.
Civil War Mapping. A summary by Charlie Schwarz of the joint presentation to the Society of Peter Roper and John Knoerl.
Women in Mapmaking. A summary by Michael Miller of a presentation to the Society by Alice Hudson.
Corcoran School of Art: Etching and Engraving. A summary by Jim Gearhart of a talk and demonstration to the Society by Scip Barnhart.
A regular feature in The Portolan, this is a bibliographic listing of articles and books appearing worldwide on antique maps and globes and the history of cartography. By Eric W. Wolf.
1. Washington Map Society Summer Get-Together – August 1993.
2. Exhibitions and Meetings, July 1993 - May 1994.
3. The Write Way. Guest Editorial by Walter W. Ristow.
4. Washington Map Society Officers and Board for 1993-1994.
5. Opening of Competition for First Annual Walter W. Ristow Prize for Cartographic History and Map Librarianship (Washington Map Society).
6. Travels: Encounters with Elena S. Pini and Sigfried Feller.