Issue #16 - Fall 1989
Charles Sanders Pierce - Sesquicentennial International Congress. A report by Charles A. Burroughs of a meeting held at Harvard University in 1989.
An Analysis of Indian-White Land Transfers Using Cartographic Data. A brief summary by Michael Miller of a presentation to the Society by Daniel G. Cole
A regular feature in The Portolan, this is a bibliographic listing of articles and books appearing worldwide on antique maps and globes and the history of cartography. By Eric W. Wolf.
1. Washington Map Society Meetings, September - November 1989.
2. Exhibits and Meetings, September 1989 - February 1990.
3. The XIIIth International Conference on the History of Cartography. A brief report on the meeting held in Amsterdam and The Hague, June-July 1989.
4. IMCOS Symposium. Plans for the October 1990 event in Washington.
5. Columbus Quincentenary Exhibition Program Established at the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee.
6. Obituary of Herman Ralph Friis